Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Sister's of the Skillet

Me and my 3 good friends get together every month (at least we try to, but it usually more like every couple of months) and cook a bunch of meals at once. We call ourselves Sisters of the Skillet. We are even thinking of getting aprons with our name put on it....

I know you may be thinking we are dorky but we have a ball doing it and no matter what something always funny happens. Like today for example, Sherri was cutting meat with a brand new electric knife, I was making a marinade for Kabobs and Lisa was cooking her homemade chicken noodle soup. Lisa kept spilling things and making a mess which is very unlike her. She was cooking the soup in a giant stock pot and after 30 minutes or so she made the comment that it is taking forever to boil. I had started feeling light headed and was having trouble following my recipe for Kabobs. I smelled something weird but I thought it was Sherri's new electric knife making a funny smell. After Lisa's comment about the soup not boiling Sherri notices that there is no flame under the pot. You gotta it, the gas was going, but no flame. Lisa immediately turned off the gas, I rounded up the kids, and we all went outside to the fresh air. When I walked back into the house a few minutes later the house had the strongest smell of gas that I have ever smelt. We were shocked that we hadn't smelt it while we were in there. We opened up the windows and doors and let the house air out. We were afraid the house might blow up if we tried to turn the burner back on so we waited a while to resume cooking.

Lisa was the brave one and turned the gas stove back on and I am happy to say that we didn't blow up. So the sister's of the skillet is still in business. Last spring when we cooked at my house we almost got blown away by a tornado, no lie.... so yet again the good Lord saved us.

If you would like a copy of our recipes I am very sorry to report that all recipes remain a secret with the sisters.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

can i get some SOTS food?

Anonymous said...

I can arrange a hook up for my bro!!! Under the table of course. Sorry for the drama from the mamma this weekend. Please tell Liz the same from me....

Anonymous said...

I want to be a sister!!!! waaahhhhhh.....iiiiiiiiii sssssttttttiiiiiillllllllllll lllllllliiiiiiiiiivvvvvvveeeeee iiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnn ooooooohhhhhhhhiiiiiiiiiiooooooooooo!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I want to be a sister!!!! waaahhhhhh.....iiiiiiiiii sssssttttttiiiiiillllllllllll lllllllliiiiiiiiiivvvvvvveeeeee iiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnn ooooooohhhhhhhhiiiiiiiiiiooooooooooo!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

i feel so strongly about it that i need to put it up there TWICE!

miss ya.

trac.

Anonymous said...

Hi, Kathy... i just want you to meet one of my friends.

Blogger, this is Kathy.... Kathy, this is Blogger.


GET TO KNOW HER!!!!!!!!

Mc Allen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mc Allen said...

well I'm just happy that your not now forced to go out & buy a top of the line stove.... (like your washer n dryer!) he he he....ps. I left u a message on your cell!