Thursday, November 29, 2007

Sweet Fruit

Ok, the sweetest thing happened today that I must share with my bloggin family, plus I would like to preserve it in blog history so one day I can share with Nathan. My kids love to open mail so I usually give them the junk mail to open. They get so excited to open the junk mail You would think they just won a million dollars. So Nathan opened a piece of mail from the John 3:16 mission. He read it and got real serious and said, "Mom it is an emergency there are hungry, hurting, homeless people in Tulsa." He ran to his room, emptied his bank, and put the money in the envelope to send back to the mission. He wanted more money so he asked me for it. I told him we would match whatever he donated. So then he had the idea that he would call Grammy and Grampy and ask if he could do work for them so he could give more money. How sweet is that??? If only we were so eager to help the needy. I love seeing the Fruit Nathan is bearing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

okay.. that is AWESOME!!!!

Max just asked if he could do some jobs around the house to earn extra money to buy the Spider-Man Web blaster. So, i can totally relate.

:)

Anonymous said...

wow... that makes my heart melt! you done good Kathy! you are a wonderful mother!