Thursday, March 20, 2008

Spring Break




We are taking a much needed break from school. I am finally catching up on stuff. We've been swimming, we went to the movies, have played with friends, the house got cleaned, the laundry is caught up, bills have been paid, we have gone to the park and we are going to the air and space museum tomorrow. It has been a fun filled week. Madelyn left today for Texas with Grammy and Grampy to visit her cousins. She woke up at 2am this morning and came into our room to see if it was time to go yet. She was so excited to go. I forgot how easy life is with one child, especially when your talkative and energetic 5 year old is gone. Nathan is so much quieter than Madelyn. Madelyn started playing soccer. We'll just say that this will probably be her one and only season to play. She cries the whole time we are getting her ready to go and says that she just wants to do gymnastics. Once she is there she has fun the first half but when the scrimmage starts she runs off the field. Part of me just wants to allow her to quit but I know that is not right. I feel bad that she doesn't like it. But on the other hand I know better than to let her quit. What kind of mother do you think I am. I am trying to instill perserverance. We told her that she has to finish what she starts. So we all will endure. Luckily it is just once a week.

Please pray for my big sis Karen. She is in the hospital on bed rest and will remain there for the remainder of her pregnancy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah.... an new post!!! I am so jealous that you are actually taking a spring break. We are working through it... don't tell Max!! :) Great pictures!!!

Steven said...

i wish i get a spring break!!! so is maddie in frisco?