Friday, April 11, 2008

Paradise

We left today for Colorado. Jarrett has been out of town all week, flew in today, picked up a rental car and off we were to Colorado. He has business up there next week so we are tagging along. So we only got half way since he didn't get home until 3:00 today. We stopped at a Hampton Inn in Hayes, Kansas. When we walked into the door of our room Nathan said, "Now this is what I call paradise!" and then he plopped himself down on his bed. "It's got a telephone, a tv, a microwave and a mini fridge, what else could a kid want!" Jarrett and I were cracking up!! It reminds me of how excited I got as a kid when our family stayed at a hotel. My dad would always go out in the morning and get white powdered donuts and a gallon of OJ for all of us kids. If I remember correctly, all five kids and my parents would stay in one little room. God bless them!
We are going to stay with our friends Mitch and Taffy and their 4 kids in Denver. They homeschool as well. Traveling whenever we want is one of the best perks of homeschooling. I told Nathan we are taking a field trip to the Rocky Mountains. I wouldn't want him to think he is getting a week off of school now would I?.

3 comments:

Steven said...

field trip to the rockys...all the field trips we went on were in tulsa....

hope you are having fun

Anonymous said...

I am wishing that this trip was like your Cruise and you updated us everyday on what your doing... cuz, I would sure like to know.

Anonymous said...

I just read Steven's comment and seriously.... the Rockies???? Please tell your kids not to tell my kids...because I have trip to the Post Office planned for next week and it won't go over as well if my kids know where you have been.

Thanks

A slacker homeschool mom,
Traci