Sunday, April 6, 2008

Run, mamma, run!

Today I hit a small milestone. I ran 5 miles around Owasso! Jarrett was chasing me since I spent $140 on running shoes yesterday. (you know I am usually a bargain hunter, I just happened to forget to ask the price before the guy rang me up. I was at the New Balance store where they put the shoes on you and tie them up, I was really enamered with that kind of treatment since nobody ever ties my shoes and I spend half of my day tying my kid's shoes) I haven't really been running a lot during my workouts just a little on the tread mill here and there so I wasn't sure how my endurance would be, but I did fine. My trainer who I work with once a week now wants to kick up my cardio because I am losing inches which is great but I am not losing any pounds. I need those numbers to move on the scale for some encouragement. My metabolism has really slowed down in my thirties which is just darn depressing. I have come to terms that I may never be super skinny but I can be in good shape. Right now I am probably in the best physical shape of my life. I hope I can keep this up and stay healthy because I feel better than I have in a long time.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow... I won't tell you what I just paid at Kohl's for a brand new pair of New Balance... maybe I will... 39.99! just joined Aspen again... maybe you can motivate me! PLEASE!!!!

kim said...

I can run my mouth for 5 miles, but that is about it! Way to go Kathy!!

Anonymous said...

YOU ROCK!!! I will join you...oh, wait... no i won't. But seriously... YOU ROCK!!!

p.s. I did walk 1 mile at 2.5 today... does that count? I was trying to work off that piece of EXTRA gum I had. I think I did it... if not, I came pretty darn close! :)

Karen said...

wow I'm impressed! I cannot imagine running 5 miles......I just wish I were allowed to walk more than the 3 feet it is to my bathroom!