Sunday, May 6, 2007

I am on fire!!!

My friend Leah and I went to the home school convention this weekend and it was fantastic. It was great getting together with other like minded families. I was encouraged, challenged and stretched. The past year I have felt like I was homeschooling because we didn't have a better option for Nathan. Now, I have come to realize that this is what God has called our family to do for this time. I have learned from my past to never, ever put time constraints on God. I will obey until he tells me not to home school. I am really going to try to not walk on the fence about this homeschooling issue any longer. This past year I have been so wishy washy about it, always second guessing myself and wondering if I was hearing God right. I never thought in a million years I would be a homeschooling mom. But here I am!!

I am excited to see what God has in store for us this next school year. We will start first grade in June, just because we can... Nathan is loving it right now and is really interested in the things we are studying so why stop. Homeschooling to me is so much more than just educating it is about training my children's heart, it is about God, it is about His plans for my sweet babies lives. I really have loved spending this quality time with my kids. I have ordered all our first grade curriculum and I can't wait to get it. Part of it will focus on ancient Rome, and since we are going to Rome in July as a family we are going to jump forward to that. Okay, I will quit rambling now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

AWESOME, AWESOME, AWESOME... you have even encouraged me to pray about it some more!!
I am soo glad you guys had a good time.
I miss you two!!!!