Thursday, February 12, 2009

Happy Valentines Day


This week Kathy's blog will have a guest writer. Hi I am Kathy's husband. If you are a regular reader you know that a week ago both our kids got some kind of bug. We thought it was allergies, but Madelyn started throwing up every hour so I guess she had something a little more. About the time she got better, I had a major allergy attack. I was miserable for a week and Kathy told me I had to go see a doctor. After waiting in the waiting room for 20 minutes and waiting in the exam room for 40 minutes, the doctor came in and basically told me to get $50 of over the counter medicine. Like I have not been doing that over the last week. I told Kathy you know when you are getting old when you think you know more than your doctor.


Enough about my issues. Kathy now has come down with a sinus infection. She looks pretty miserable. Our house has been pretty nasty with people coughing, hacking, snorting, and puking long enough. I am hoping as soon as Kathy gets over her sinus infection we will be clear for the year.


As you can see by the picture she is getting all ready for Valentines Day. For those of you concerned she has grown Clifford the Big Red Dog ears, that is a rice bag you can heat up on her head. Since Valentines Day is Saturday and I still have not gotten anything for her I figured I would start my gift out by saying some nice things about my wife on her blog. God knows I will need the brownie points after she finds out I put this picture out here.


10 Things I Love about my Wife:


1. She is beautiful even when she has a big red rice bag on her head.

2. She is the social outgoing one. (Everyone knows I would not have any friends if I did not have such a lovely wife with a lovely personality).

3. She has been my best friend for 17 years. (6 years of dating and 11 fun filled years of marriage).

4. She is just as anal as me when it comes to a clean house, carpet marks, mowed yard, and clean cars. ( I wish she would understand why it is important to carry that to the garage).

5. The best mom anyone could ask for. She will go the extra mile for the kids.

6. I know ever night within 5 minutes of being in bed she will ask me to scratch her back.

7. Faithful

8. Reliable

9. Godly

10. Supporting


On a even more serious note she does complete me. I cannot imagine going through life with anyone else. It is true behind every good man is a great wife. She is the one that holds this family together. Taking care of the kids, grocery shopping, cleaning, bills, laundry, after school activities, and the biggest job of all taking care of me. My mom should be very proud to know that such a good women is taking care of her son. Honey I know we will have a Happy Valentines Day even if you are wearing your Clifford Ears.


11 comments:

Becki Francy said...

Now THAT my friend is a true valentine!

kim said...

awwwww!! So sweet! I hope you feel better soon sis!

shell said...

BIG TIME BROWNIE POINTS! Hoping you are better soon Kathy! We need to hook up one of these days!
Happy Valentines to you both!

Anonymous said...

Her love tank must be full after all of those great comments!!! Good job Jarrett!!!! Open all of the windows and AIR OUT THAT HOUSE!!!!!! hope you feel better Kathy!!!! sorry, I won't offer to bring you dinner... don't want to get sick!

Steven said...

way to make us men look bad....


feel better kathy

Michelle said...

I am so sorry Kathy that you are feeling bad. I hope you whole family starts feeling better soon.
What a sweet husband. That would be a wonderful present for my husband to say 10 wonderful things about me. You guys have a Happy Valentines.

Dawn said...

Ugh! I'm sorry you've been sick. I hope you're feeling better today.

What a sweet, sweet thing for your husband to do! Whatever will you do now for him for Valentine's Day?! LOL!

Christy R said...

Kathy, are you sure you didn't write this?! Just kidding ;-) It's VERY sweet! I hope you feel better soon! Happy Valentine's Day!

Anonymous said...

I agree Jarret... your making the all the guys look bad!! You might need to even call jorge and remind him it's Valentines Day. :)

Kath... hope you feel better.

Sarah said...

Jarrett you have set the bar high. I don't know that Darin would even post on my blog. Hope you all feel better soon.

ellen said...

Love the picture! Hope you all feel better soon...