Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Busy

The theme of my life lately: BUSY!! The week before spring break I subbed in a kindergarten class everyday. I had a lot of fun and was reminded of how much I love teaching kindergarten! But by Friday I was not feeling so hot and the kids were dropping like flies. I ended up having the flu and bronchitis just in time for Spring Break. Yuck.

While I was busy being sick, my kids were busy playing their DS's.



By the end of Spring Break we ventured over to Branson with my whole family minus my sister Karen and her kids. We rented a really cool cabin and had fun. However, I was grumpy because I was still under the weather and probably just should have stayed home. Don't get me wrong we had fun and the kids had a blast at Silver Dollar City. We couldn't stay the whole time because we had company coming. We needed to head home to disinfect our germ infested house.
















Our dear, dear friends Mitch and Taffy and their 4 kids and Greyhound, Hudson , came down from Denver. They are moving back here after being gone for 9 years. We met them at our old church, Liberty and had a lot of great times together. They came during their spring break to start looking at houses. We had so much fun hanging out, staying up late, and looking at gorgeous houses. They are seriously considering moving to Owasso. I can not wait until they get here!!!! I was worried about where to sleep everyone but we just stacked the kids in Madelyn's room and had 10 people plus 2 dogs sleeping in 3 bedrooms. Nobody seemed to mind and the girls were in hog heaven! They ended up staying 5 days and seriously I wouldn't have minded if they stayed 5 more days. They are so easy and fun to have around.









We have had some big news in our house: Madelyn lost her first 2 teeth at the same time. She was actually born with those first 2 bottom teeth. I was a little sentimental about seeing them go. Her new ones have already come up. When I was putting her to bed that night we had the following conversation:

(How cute is she??)

Madelyn: "Mom is the tooth fairy real?"

Me: "What do you think?"

Madelyn: "I don't know?? Are you the tooth fairy?"


Me: (Trying not to ruin it for her) " What do you think?"



Madelyn: (starting to tear up) " I don't want a tooth witch coming into my room."

Now she is sobbing and shaking.

Me: "Oh, honey I am YOUR tooth fairy. There is no such thing as witches, don't you worry. And whatever you do, don't tell your friends there is No tooth fairy."

Nathan went to the district piano competition and scored well enough to move onto the state competition in OKC in May. He wasn't to impressed with himself that he made it, in fact he didn't want to go until we bribed him with Maggie Moo's ice cream. I am not passed bribery!


We also enjoyed the Spring snow storm! The kids loved playing out in it. Madelyn has stocked our outside freezer with snow balls so she can pound her brother with them this summer.
So there you have it. Please pray for my sweet MIL, she fell off her bike on shattered her wrist. She is having surgery tom. morning. Thanks.

8 comments:

kim said...

that was quite the update! I love those cots that the girls were sleeping on! I am so not surprised about Maddie's fears about the tooth fairy! We are so proud of Natterbug and his amazing talent on the piano! I am sorry to hear about Mary, I will be praying for her!

Becki Francy said...

I miss you!!! I haven't seen you...well, you know the last time I saw you! We need to hook up! Good update, can't believe how big they are! Does it really fly by?

Steven said...

thanks for the update...

way to go NATHAN!!!! that is awesome. what weekend is it in may?

have a great rest of the week

Karen said...

Love the toothless pic of maddie ........so cute!
Congrats to Nathan!

ThatsBaloney said...

I always love those toothless grins. How cute is that?
We have a tooth fairy book that my kids love - they've never questioned it a bit!

Anonymous said...

LOVE all of your pics!!!!! Maddie is getting SO big! I love her missing teeth! that is so amazing about Nathan and the piano! I would be spoiled to hear him play! would he play for me???? hope that you are feeling better! we miss you guys!

Michelle said...

Great update. Looks like you all were busy. Come workout with us!!!

Liz said...

Wow Kathy you have been busy!

I remember when Tori lost her first tooth. She was 4!:O Yes, she has lost 8 teeth now! It doesn't seem possible. Our little girls are growing up!

That picture of Maddie in the red jacket she looks 16! I cna't believe it!

Nathan, way to go!! I bet your are so proud!

Liz