Monday, March 2, 2009

3-03-03










Happy Birthday Madelyn!! My baby girl is 6 today! I can hardly believe it, time has flown by. Madelyn has the coolest birthdate, 3-3-03 and she was born at 3 am. Pretty cool, huh?


I remember the day she was born like it was yesterday. Andrea, Madelyn's birthmom, picked us about 2 weeks before she was born. We were thrilled that Nathan would have a sibling but boy this was fast. There was a bad ice/snow storm right after we were picked so there was little time to get ready. When we went for an ultrasound they told us we were having a boy. I got my boy stuff out and ready but just in case I picked up a girl outfit and blankie from gymboree.


After church on Sunday, March 2nd I was in total nesting mode. I cleaned, did laundry, etc.. We thought the baby wasn't coming for another 2 weeks so boy was I shocked when later that evening we got "THE CALL" We happened to be in Tulsa at a Bible Study. As we were leaving our cell phone rang and it was Andrea saying that she thought she was in labor and on her way to the hospital. We quickly took Nathan to my parents (with no supplies) and ran to the hospital. Once Jarrett checked on Andrea and we determined that this was the real deal he ran home to grab the camera and pack our bags. The hospital was great and gave us our own room. He got back around midnight.

We couldn't believe how fast Andrea was progressing. She went through labor with no drugs!! She was amazing. After a couple of pushes the baby was out and boy were we shocked when we didn't see any boy parts!! I started balling!!! I was so happy to have a little girl! What an answer to our prayers, a healthy baby girl.


Madelyn weighed 6 pounds 11 ounces and was 18 inches.


She had to go to the NICU for a couple of hours for her to be monitored because of some meconim. But by mid morning she was in our room and we were lovin all over her. She was a beautiful baby! She even had her first 2 bottom teeth.

Today those sweet baby teeth are wiggly and probably going to come out soon.

By Tuesday afternoon we were home with our precious baby girl. She had terrible colic, if that is what you call crying everyday, all day. It started at 2 weeks old and lasted until she was 1 1/2 years old. SERIOUSLY! I had to carry her in my baby bjorn all day for her to settle down. Everyone would try to comfort her but they couldn't. I was the only one she wanted. One day a lady came and prayed over and her and she stopped. She was happy! Total miracle.
She brings so much joy to our lives and life to our home. When she is gone our house is so quiet. Madelyn has such a sweet spirit and is always complimenting and encouraging people. She is an amazing sister to Nathan. She is a girly girl! But she can also keep up with the boys.

Happy Birthday Baby Cakes!

5 comments:

Steven said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!! Hope you guys have a great night

ps i was always jealous of the kids that had their bdays during school

Michelle said...

Happy Birthday. They are growing up so fast! Cute pictures.

Becki Francy said...

what a sweet tribute to your daughter. It was so fun to learn about her birth!

Liz said...

Hey Kathy!! Happy Birthday Madaline!! I cna't believe the girls are 6 already. It seems like yesterday we were dressing them up in their little CPO tee shirts and taking pictures of them!

Hey, are you still making Birth Mother bracletts? Some of the girls on my board are interested if you are. Could you send me a link to your web page if you have one. If not an e-mail would be great!

Thanks Liz

Anonymous said...

I remember those sweet little teeth!!! how fast our lives go by! Happy Birthday Maddy!!!