Saturday, June 16, 2007

Booby Covers???

We just got back from seeing the play "Oklahoma" tonight for Jarrett's company party. It was a good time except for the food. It was made by the Cattlemans association and I mean no disrespect, but they need some new cattle or something. Nathan and I ended up eating popcorn and ice cream instead of the steak dinner. Two sno cones, a bowl of ice cream and a box of popcorn later Nathan was officially on a sugar high. Even though he fell out of his chair 3 times because of his sugar coma he was into the play especially when the guns were fired. I know I have been to discoveryland several times in my life but I honestly don't remember watching the play any of those times. The play was actually pretty good.

Madelyn is out of town with my parents and her cousin so she didn't get to come with us. They are having a great time but I miss her.

Jarrett and I realize with her gone our house is quiet and a little lifeless but I must add much cleaner. Boys don't chatter as much as little girls. Nathan is more low key and doesn't quite know what to do without her here.

By the way, I got a new toy this week, it is the mercedes of washing machines and dryers. They are front loaders that use less detergent and wash and dry without using as much water or electricity as the older models. Our dryer was attacking our clothes and burning them and our washer was staining them. I finally had had it with them and started crying when my washer bleached out a brand new sweater of mine when it was on gentle cycle with two other items. It was totally uncalled for!! So my dear, sweet husband helped me pick out a really nice new set. He even sprung for the pedastals, which by the way make all the difference.

The first day I had it I had all the sheets in our house done by 10 am and I started at 8am. Before it would have taken me all day to do 3 sets of sheets. When we were saying our bed time prayers the other night, Madelyn said "Thank you God for the new washer and dryer you gave Mommy, they are totally awesome." How sweet is that.

Have a great weekend!

PS Today at Target, we were walking through the bra section and Nathan blurts out "Mom, are you getting any of those Booby Covers?"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cracking up.... booby covers!! That is the greatest!!

Where is Madi?

Enjoy the peace and quiet... because I have none!!!!

love,
Trac