Monday, September 8, 2008

I hit the mother load!!





Today I did so well at Walgreens that the cashier was clapping and cheering for me. She is going to start couponing now!! Yea!! I love helping people save money!


Transaction #1

3 bottles of Robitusin 3.99 each, I used 3 $3 off coupons

Total price: $2.97

I earned a $10 Register Reward, so I made $7 buying cough syrup, which I am sure will come in handy this winter.

Transaction #2

1 Shout $2.49, .75 coupon (from newspaper)
2 Scrubbing bubbles shower foam $3.79, I used 2 $1.00
1 scrubbing bubbles $2.49, .75 coupon (from newspaper)
1 windex $2.49
2 scrubbing bubbles action scrubber 3.79, I used 2 $2.75 coupons, which made them $1.04 each

I used my $10 RR from Transaction #1 to pay for all of this and only owed $6.31 OOP
I also earned another $10 RR for buying 7 SC Johnson products, So really I made $ on this!!


Transaction #3

$.99 Chex Mix. Coupon: $1 Net Price: FREE (printed online coupons)
2 Motts apple sauce $2.50 each (store coupon and online coupon) Net price: 2.34
paper clips .25 (on clearance, I needed some and I needed a filler item, since I had more coupons than items. Walgreens registers won't work if you have more coupons than items.)
Glade spray $2.99, I used $1 off store coupon, $1.50 mg. coupon, Net price: .49
Chemistry Root boost: $7.99 (Will get $7.99 rebate)
crest toothpaste $3.79, used .75 coupon, and will earn $3.79 Rebate

I put $2.47 on my Walgreens gift card.
Paid $3.35 oop
Total: $5.82

My Savings was $66.45
My Out of pocket: $13.65
My rebates that I will get: $11.78
GRAND TOTAL: $1.87 AND THAT IS WITH TAX AND EVERYTHING

YIPEE!!!

It is really not as confusing as it looks! I promise, it is worth it!

11 comments:

Denise said...

That is amazing! Whatta woman. Jarrett must be so proud :)

Anonymous said...

yeah! you go girl! did I tell you about boodle.com? that has been awesome with the cereal and fruit snack coupons. I use those with the 1.00 off 3 GM cereals and 1.00 off 2 Betty Crocker fruit snacks... makes them dirt cheap. make sense? my best buy today was the IAMS dog food. had a $5 off coupon from the mail and then Target had a $5 off coupon... it is $10.99... I got dog food for a buck! woo hoo!

Dawn said...

Girl you rock. I just don't understand the register reward deal?!?

And, I was disappointed with this weeks sale bill because there really wasn't anything that we use.

But, you really did hit the mother load! That was awesome. :)

Steven said...

so do you go through the line 3 times?


you need to call your brother sometime...

6 Happy Hearts said...

I am in awe! Seriously, how do you do it?! Please write a book for coupon dummies so we can get SMART like you ; )

Karen said...

That makes my head spin!!!
I did the triple coupons at Kroger & saved 34% not free but not too bad for all of my staples :)

Dawn said...

Yes, I need to understand the whole transaction thing better. Why do you separate them? *tapping my head*

Sheri said...

I'm so proud of you and HAPPY as a lark to have a couponing buddy!

Now, let me know about that shower cleaner, K? I've tried everything on my shower and the Da@# thing still isn't clean! or as clean as I'd like it... you'd think after 7 years something would have worked????

Maybe we should get togather with Dawn on Mondays and all go shopping???? The manager would freak!!!!!!

Steven said...

FYI: a good shower cleaner is this stuff called Pretty Potty.... my cleaners at work use it and it cleans anything off a shower and toilet....

Dawn said...

Hahahha... they would need to shut the doors to other customers just to deal with us!

I need a worker just to walk around with me and show me where everything is. I drove a lady crazy when I was in there last time. LOL

The only shower cleaner I use is Clorox clean up. I use it for everything.

Just Wedeminute said...

I'm a little slow you are going to have to walk me through this step by step sometime! Great savings!!!!