Monday, September 29, 2008

CATCH UP

So, I am going to copy my sister Kim and catch you up with my week in pictures.

First, Nathan and Madelyn were pretending to go to Disney World last weekend. (Little do they know that they are going in less than 80 days) So Nathan emptied out all of his drawers looking for his Hawaiian shirt. I am not sure why he thought that shirt would be a good choice. This is what I found when I walked past his room.




It was pretty funny and I was able to organize his drawers when we cleaned up.

My parents had a party for my brother and his new wife Liz. We had a great time and great food. Jarrett stayed home with Nathan who had a 103 fever.





Madelyn started gymnastics and ballet/tap. She loves them both! She even got moved up to the next level in gymnastics after her first class. She is now with the 3rd and 4th graders. I was a little worried if they would accept her and if she would feel comfortable. I shouldn't have, she knew everyone names within 5 minutes. The big girls were great to her.




Nathan has had a TON of testing at the school during the last week. So we have been back and forth to the school constantly. The nice lady testing him told me to just come back in 2 hours on the first day. Wow, free time!! At first I was excited then as I walked out of the school I started bawling like a baby. It wasn't like I was dropping him off for the whole day, it was 2 hours people! What is wrong with me?? I am so used to "being there" and being a part of his therapy, testing, schooling etc. I am about to cry again. Ok next some mom bragging. The psychomotrist commented that she had never had such a smart 2nd grader. I can't wait to see the results of the testing. We have one more day of testing then we should have our BIG meeting. Then we will be making the decision about schooling. Please pray for wisdom for us! And, if we happen to send him to school, I need you people to plan a day for me or call Laurate for a reservation. Either one will work.


Sorry Mom and Dad, I just couldn't resist! My parents came over the Sunday after Steven and Liz's party to visit and within 5 minutes of sitting down they were both sound asleep and snoring. Poor babies were exhausted.





This weekend we boycotted the FAIR and went to the ZOO instead. We met Kim and Micah and their kids and had a great time.










In other breaking news I am battling a boil, yes you read that right, a boil. (at least that's what I think it is) It is right above my eye. When I woke up this morning my eye lid was so swollen. It looked like I was giving everyone the evil eye. It hurts sooooo bad. I am not, I repeat, not sharing a picture of it. Actually, it doesn't look like much, just a red shiny spot that is killing me.

Jarrett and I went and saw the movie, Fireproof. I would highly recommend it to all you married folks.

In other randomness, Madelyn cried when I picked her up early at school today for an eye dr. appt. She was sad that she was missing centers, music, and snacks. Who would have ever thought?? Remember the first week??

Ok, I am done rambling. Goodnight my sweet friends.

2 comments:

Steven said...

that pic of mom and dad is so funny....

i am glad you guys have a busy week. good luck with your boil

Dawn said...

You forgot to post about your savings at Walgreens! LOL

I'm so glad to hear that Maddie loves school. That is a HUGE plus.

I pray you all get the results you desire from Nathan's testing. Oh, if he ends up going to school I'll gather with the girls to make sure your first few days are filled with busy fun and laughter!

As far as your boil... I don't know what to tell ya.. I've got mount st.helen developing on my chin!