Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Never, Ever Brag!




The other day I was telling someone how healthy my children have been all winter, and oh what a glorious winter it has been. No stomach bugs, only one antibiotic for Nathan, not even a cold in our household to speak of. For those of you who have known us for any amount of time know what a miracle this is. Most winters we are confined to our "sick house"

Nathan has really been acting good this week, so much so that his enrichment teachers asked me what we were doing differently (translation, did you start the adhd meds yet?)
I tell them his attention has improved because of all this great therapy that we are doing at home and because there is no longer a trace of red dye #40 in his diet. (I am totally kidding here.) I was actually just basking in the glow of a good report for once.

Well, my bubble burst today when Nathan started losing his voice and dark purple circles appeared under his eyes. Then came the dreaded words, "Mommy, my throat hurts really bad." Oh, my poor, sweet first born. When Nathan gets sick, I swear I revert back to the mother of a NICU baby. I just can't help it. I pick up the phone and immediately call the dr. because I am just certain that my sweet boy will need to be hospitalized. He gets us right in and tests him for strep, it was negative. I am happy to report that he does not need to be hospitalized for his allergies and upper respiratory infection. We were sent home with a script for Zyrtec. The dr. even commented that Nathan seemed unlike himself today, meaning he was being totally laid back and well behaved. I jokingly said, "I know isn't he precious like this." I don't think he thought that was very funny. Refer to my previous post that this is new peditrician for us, not good Kathleen, not good. He just doesn't get my sense of humor yet.
Hey, if I can't laugh about the trials we have gone through and are going through then I would be one miserable person.
So now both my babies aren't sleeping good and both have sore throats and mammacakes is never, ever going to brag about how healthy her children are. Instead, I will just Thank God for their good health and not brag to other people.

By the way, I am totally bummed because tomorrow is the last day of an incredible Bible Study that I am in at my church. We have been doing the study, "To Live is Christ" It is a study of Paul by Beth Moore. It is one of her older studies and it has taught me so much and changed my heart. I just love the fact that we live in a free country where we can openly study the word of God. I also have the most amazing small group of ladies that I get to study and pray with. I am going to miss them, they are all at different ages and stages of life but they are the most wise and praying women I have ever been around. Their love for the Lord is amazing. Ok, I will stop being sappy now, I just had to share what is on my heart. Love to all!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

well, all I know is, you are one wonderful mom/wife/friend!!♥ And I am happy to know that Nate doesnt have that terrible bug. Grrrr... Do you think he really isnt feeling well, or has he noticed the attention baby sis is getting?? I too will miss our bible study dearly... I am sad, but atleast we are doing one this summer, right?? ☻

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear that Nathan is sick..... no fun is it? On the positive side... at least you not cleaning up puke!!!

So, are you saying that I am not one of the most wise and spritual women you have ever been around?? Just wondering.

Mc Allen said...

well, Im certainly not saying that Trace... Im not saying Kath said that about you, Im not saying she didnt.....

Anonymous said...

When Nathan gets sick, I swear I revert back to the mother of a NICU baby

Soo true but I thought I was the only one who did this...hehe.. also I have a whole bottle of zyrtec, not that it would be legal to give it to another person so.... let me know....

I enjoy your blog especially since our schedules are so not alike anymore.... maybe next year.