Wednesday, April 11, 2007

What's with a name??

I thought I would jump on the blogging bandwagon! How fun is this?? Let me explain the mama cakes thing, you see Jarrett started calling Madelyn, Baby Cakes several years ago and then my name changed to mama cakes and it has stuck. What is it with names anyway? My real name is Kathleen but I have always been called Kathy. Once I got married I told Jarrett I wanted to be called Kathleen because it sounded more grown up, he told me he could never call me that because when we said our vows he married "Kathy". Ok, so I have a question, why is it ok for him to now call me "Mama Cakes" . He didn't marry "Mama Cakes" Hey, let's start calling him Jarretta! If he can change my name I can change his. Right? So for the rest of you, you have my permission to call me Kathleen and I promise I will answer to it and try to act more grown up.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

jarretta really... haha

our4kids said...

Kathy,
we should call him hot cakes or sweet cheeks. :) haha!

Mc Allen said...

um, my dear sweet precious friend (whom I deem , a gift from the king) I tried callin him that the other night after we all went out, and he didnt seem particualrly pleased with me, as a matter of fact, he plum ignored me... so although I applaud your efort in encouraging this name to "catch on" Im going to have to root for you from the side lines..(while talking trash naturally)L ♥

Mc Allen said...

hey, your comments about "Im done~hook line and sinker" cracked me up.... do you feel like going to an open house, hmmmmm ??? Im seriously going to go back!!!