Tuesday, April 24, 2007

What a day!



Well, today Madelyn is silent, she has barely said two words. Those of you who know her probably don't believe me. I promise you I am telling the truth. I can't get over the quiet at my house, she usually wakes up talking a mile a minute and doesn't quit until she is sound asleep. So it just seems weird here.

What a difference a day makes. I really thought that after how well she was doing yesterday that this recovery was going to be a breeze. Well, she woke up with a 102 fever and very lethargic. She has continued to throw up all day. She can't even keep a drop of water down. We took Nathan to his enrichment class which is only a mile away and we had to pull over twice for Maddie to throw up. It is just the saddest thing. She won't eat or drink. I called the ENT this afternoon and they called in some phenegran gel to help but so far there is no change. I am really getting worried that she is dehydrated. We are giving her another hour then calling back our dr., luckily he is on call tonight. I am praying the phenegran will kick in here shortly so we don't have to bother him. These are the times you wish you could just trade places with your kids and take all their pain away.

Okay, so in the midst of puke the tornado alarms start sounding at our house. Let me just paint a lovely picture for you about how our household reacted to this. First my phone started ringing off the hook (our sweet loved ones wanted to make sure we were taking cover), the dog starts running around the house in circles because she is nervous, Nathan starts screaming in excitement that our house is going to blow away in the tornado, I am running around trying to gather up all the items that we need (you know shoes, cell phone, blankets, flashlights, bottled water,you can never be too prepared) all the while trying to remain calm. Madelyn just lays. She can't get up to move to our hiding spot in the kids bathroom. So I go back and grab her and get her and Nathan settled into the tub with pillows and blankets. I go to turn on the weather in my room when I hear a noise in the bathroom. I rush back in there to find Madelyn standing outside of the tub covered in puke and Nathan still sitting in the tub, surrounded by puke, playing his leapster. I was only gone a second.

"Nathan, why are you still in the tub?"
"Cause, I am playing my game"
"Nathan, look what is in front of you."
"Oh, gross Puke!"
"Nathan, get out of the tub."
"When I am done..."
"Suit yourself, when your done playing, why don't you clean up your sister's puke that you are sitting in."

That was my day...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

aww,so Im sorry.... You are such a good mommy, you really are. She is so cute in the pictures but doenst look the least bit like she wants anything to do with any of this. I pray (literally)that she is feeling better now, I will call you tomorrow, unless you call me first!! We love you guys...♥ Mc

Totillas and Butter said...

I meant , Im so sorry.... ☺

Anonymous said...

I meant , Im so sorry.... ☺

Anonymous said...

oh, so sorry. I was laughing out loud at this post!! Max would soooo do the exact same thing! Poor maddie.... I hope she is feeling better soon. I'll call you later.

Anonymous said...

lol... hilarious! sorry that I am laughing at you! thanks for sharing! thanks for listening to me the other day. it was great to see you. it sounds like I left just in time! :o)