Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Day 1- A First for Madelyn



Greetings from Atlanta! We are hanging out in the international terminal at the airport, Nathan is playing with match box cars and Madelyn is coloring. Madelyn really enjoyed her first ever flight. She was awestruck by seeing the tops of trees and flying in the clouds. We sat in the very back of a very small plane, so our seats did not recline and we were right in front of the bathroom.
We didn't hear a peep from Nathan the whole flight, he was engrossed with his leapster that I confiscated over a month ago. Madelyn went from activity to activity, she about wore me out in the 2 hour flight. Wish us well on the 9.5 hour flight we have ahead of us. I think I am going to ask Jarrett to sit next to her and I can sit next to the quiet one. Let me put this in perspective for you, I did not even finish reading one US Weekly. But overall she did fabulous. We told the kids it was agaisnt the law to argue or whine on vacation. So far so good.
In the Tulsa airport this man stopped us and asked the kids if they liked the movie "Cars" Turns out he was the man who inspired the character "Mater" He was on his way to LA for an apperance on Jay Leno. Look for him tomorrow night.
You know my cruise books that I spent hours preparing, one got totally ruined when my water bottle leaked all over it. Jarrett and his dad are having a good time making fun of me. I AM NOT LAUGHING!!!
We just met some people that are on our next flight that are going to be on the Disney Magic. Oh, I love meeting new people. Ok, Gotta go chat.
Thank you Dad for helping get us all to the airport this morning.
Love ya all!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope that you are having fun!!!! I love the no whining against the law... that is awesome!!! keep us updated!

Anonymous said...

I hope you all have so much fun. Can't wait to see more pics and read more about your adventures!

Anonymous said...

By-the-way, that last comment was left by me, Emily, I realized after I published it that you would have no idea who left that comment!

Anonymous said...

Hey.. I tried to call you the morning you left but couldn't get a hold of you.

I hope you guys have a GREAT time. I will be thinking about you on your flight. Actually, your already there, but I did think about you. I hope your flight was better than our drive home!! :)

Can't wait for an update... havin' fun???