Thursday, May 8, 2008

The end is near!!!!

We are busy at the Short household trying to finish up the last few days of first grade. Nathan had his CO-OP Promotion the other night, I have ordered his 2nd grade curriculum, and he is busy planning his end of the year celebration. He wants to go to Incredible Pizza. I really can't stand that place but I will endure for the sake of his happiness. As I reflect back I am amazed at how much he has learned and grown up this year. I am reminded of what the dr's told me in the NICU 7 years ago. They said he would never run and would have significant delays. Well, they should see him now. He is reading long chapter books, writing in cursive, can do all sorts of science experiments, is doing great at math, loves history, is riding his bike with no training wheels, loves the LORD and loves to learn!! We have had a great year and I am so thankful that I got to be with him each day and be the one to teach him. This time has been precious. There have been days I have wanted to throw in the towel and drop him off at school but the Lord always seems to give me an extra dose of grace and we make it through. One thing I have learned this year is to chill out some. This has helped a lot. We all seem to be more relaxed.

Thank you to everyone who is praying for my sister Kim. If you haven't already check out her blog for ways to pray specifically. Don't forget to drop her a comment.

2 comments:

Karen said...

I am so glad He made it abundantly clear about what to do for next year schooling for Nathan. You are a great mom!

Anonymous said...

I have been thinking about you a lot!!

love ya

traci