Wednesday, May 21, 2008

The End of an Era!




Today was my sweet Madelyn's last day of preschool. Can you believe that??? I realized today that I will never again be taking a child to preschool. I'll be honest it made me a little sad. Madelyn really wants a baby sister or brother but her daddy will not hear of it. He says we are done!! What is up with that? My honest opinion is that he is used to only 2 kids because that is what was in his family but there were 5 kids in mine so the only logical thing would be to have 3. That would be fair. Right?? Sorry, I didn't realize that her last day would lead to a rant. So, as far as more kids go, I am leaving it up to God. He can either change Jarrett's heart, change mine, or He could fix my tummy. I will be content with whatever HE chooses.

Back to Madelyn, she has really blossomed the last two years at Yellow Balloon. When she first started she did not want me to leave her. There were times I stayed the first hour with her and mind you it was only a 2 1/2 hour program. They like you to stay until your child is comfortable with you leaving. I wasn't so sure about that at first but it worked. Now she walks into school with a smile on her face and full of confidence. She is a leader in her class and has a lot of friends. Madelyn has the most caring spirit. She is the one that comforts people when they are hurt and knows every one's name, their mom's name, their sister/brother's name, etc. Jarrett and I joke that she will either be a nurse or the person that stands next to the president of the United States and tells them who everyone is and what they do. This time has just flown by. I am not sure I am ready to give her up all day to school. Please pray for us as we decide weather or not to homeschool Madelyn or not. We want to do what is best for her.

Today after school several of her classmates went to the splash pad and ate lunch and played. It was a great day!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, I guess I will have to comment on another one of your blogs. Like usual you are thinking of the now. You will be thanking me when your 49 years old and our youngest will be leaving the house. If we had another one now you would be 55 when the youngest leaves. I would have to wheel you to their graduation. (Sorry Tracy, there is no hope. Go ahead and book the wheel chair for your youngest. I think Jorge has a few more planned for you.) Knowing what I know, I would be glad to try everynight if it will make you happy.

Anonymous said...

Well, I'll not comment on the kids part:)........

However, Alea wants Maddie to go to her school so they can play together after school once a week.... seriously! She has her days booked.... dance, Terry (neighbor), Maddie, Lyndsey and Grace (more neighbors). Yes, like Maddie she's a social girl!!!!

Happy Summer, wish we were out already!
Sheri

Karen said...

Hey Jarrett - You are forgetting that something happens to the Miller girls when they are 38.
As Pat so nicely put it he will be filing for social security when Landry graduates from college. By the way - we still plan to be walking at age 55 & even at 65!!

kim said...

loving the water pics at the park! Can I see you soon?

Anonymous said...

I LOVE Jarrett's comment... that is so what he would say!!!! I love that Madelyn is so social. I almost died laughing at Lucy's funeral when I walked up and Madelyn yells, "Hi Miss Rebecca" God and everyone heard that!!!! she is precious!!!!

Steven said...

looks like the kids were having fun with all the water......

Anonymous said...

we have good taste... Baileyanne has that same shirt that Maddie has on, guess you will be seeing it for a while! :o) glad we get to see you next week!!

Mc Allen said...

awww, looks like ya'l had a ball, we'lI have to go again when ya get back! & I for one & still believin for a healin so you just keep "trying nightly" jer! ;o) - Well, we're home now, check yer texts, I sent ya a few while we were in Galveston! hugs & C Ya soon! L.A

Christy R said...

Hi Kathy! Abby had a lot of fun getting to know Madelyn at school & the Y. Maybe we could do a few playdates this summer ;-) I put a picture of the girls on my blog a few days ago. I'll be praying for you as you make your decision about HSing next year!