Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Lucy

Dear Lucy,

May 9, 2008 was a miraculous day Lucy, it was the day you were born. It was also the day you went to be with Jesus. But your story doesn't end on May 9th. Your story has only just begun Lucy. Your story has touched so many peoples lives and will continue to do so. Some people who have lived long lives haven't had the impact that you have had in such a short time. When I first saw you in your mommy's arms I couldn't believe how beautiful and peaceful you were. Your mommy and daddy are amazing people and demonstrated such an incredible attitude during this difficult time. When most people enduring the loss of a second child would be questioning God and asking "Why Me?" your mommy was saying "Why not me?" She she saw that your life, however short, had a purpose. She was honored to be chosen to be your mom. You have brought classes of children to their knees, you taught people to pray without ceasing, you taught people that God's ways are higher than theirs,you taught people to be the hands and feet of Jesus, your life and death have brought people to the throne of God. I asked God to show up "Big" the hour before you were born and although he didn't answer my prayers how I would have liked, he did show up "HUGE" He was praised and honored. Tonight on the eve of your celebration service I rest in the fact that our God is in control and He loves us. Tomorrow our family will gather to praise our Heavenly Father for your precious life. I love you Lucy!

Love,

Aunt Kathy

4 comments:

Mom said...

Kathy,

I loved your letter to sweet Lucy. I am so inspired by the strong faith of all of my daughters and my son. Tomorrow will be a day to celebrate Lucy and praise God.

Love,

Mom

Anonymous said...

Thank you for starting my day out with mascara running down my face! :) I love you and I have been thinking and praying for your family all week and especially today! I wish I were there to give you a big hug!

Your letter to Lucy is precious!

love you,
traci

Anonymous said...

your letter is precious! and so is your family... I am honored to know them. The service was beautiful. I can't begin to fathom what it was like for a second time. I am praying....

Dawn said...

This made me cry. I'm so sorry for your loss.
What a wonderful tribute for Lucy.

xoxo Dawn