Wednesday, October 22, 2008

He is ready to Fly

Thank you for all of the great advice!! I am happy to report the pee smell is gone! Or maybe my nose just got used to it. LOL!! Jarrett has been out of town on business this week and we miss him sooooo much. I have been busy decluttering our school room, the room is almost empty except for Nathan's table and the stuff we will need for the next week.

For the past two months Nathan has been undergoing a bunch of testing through the school system. In July his Occupational Therapist and Speech Therapist asked us to consider putting Nathan in school. They think he has all the head knowledge but needs more situations to put things into practice. (Because of Nathan's extreme prematurity, 24 weeks, he has some autistic tendencies and some add tendencies) I see their point on one hand but don't on the other hand. We prayed and decided we would go through the testing to see if he qualifies for an IEP (Individualized Education Plan). We felt like if the school could provide some services that we can't at home we would consider putting him in school.


So next Wed is our big meeting where we will find out if he qualifies and what services he is eligible for. We will be making a final decision after the meeting but we are pretty sure he is going. He wants to go, which is a first. Please pray that our sweet boy will make a smooth transition, make friends, and that his sensory issues will not resurface. I have truly loved homeschooling Nathan, it has been such a sweet time with him. The Lord has given me more and more peace as the weeks have passed about sending him to school. We are submitting to God's will for Nathan's life each step of the way and if that means this year he goes to school and next year we homeschool we will do it. It might mean he goes to school the rest of the time, I just don't know but we will keep taking it a year at a time or should I say a month at a time, who am I kidding, a week at a time. We will just keep seeking His face for our children's lives. So here is to letting our kids FLY!!!!

7 comments:

kim said...

You are an amazing mom, kathy! I admire your willingness to remain flexible, as you always seek what is best for your kiddos!

Steven said...

He will do great and you will do great.... we will be praying for you guys!!

hope to see you this weekend

Dawn said...

Yay! That the pee smell is gone! LOL

I agree with your siblings... you are a great mom. You leave no stone unturned. I'll be anxious to hear what the school has to say.

We have an IEP meeting in the morning for Courtney. She is getting a simplified one FINALLY!!! It was worth the move from the Christian school to public school. She is getting more help.

Christy R said...

Letting go of our kids and letting them fly can be so hard! I'll be praying for Nathan and your family and I know God will bless you in whatever you decide to do. Keep us posted!

Anonymous said...

you know what is best and I know that you have prayed earnestly about this for some time. God will give you the perfect peace in your heart and assure you that this is His will. I will pray for your meeting next week. is it an IEP??? or just to see if he qualifies for one? I can be there with you if you need me.

Anonymous said...

I loved this post... and it made me a little sad.

He is going to love school....

Dawn said...

BOO!!!! Come check out my blog! :)