Saturday, November 1, 2008

MORE FALL FUN!

Is it really November already?? October flew by! My sweet ones had a great time dressing up and going to our church's fall festival then trick or treating around the neighborhood. Madelyn was Sleeping Beauty and Nathan was Bat Man! We had fun during the last week carving pumpkins, going to fall parties, and reading fall books. Today we went hiking around Skiatook Lake. The kids walked several miles and did a great job! Nathan brought his backpack just in case we got lost. Guess what was in it? A spiral and colored pencils. Umm, I'm not sure how that will help us if we get lost. After we got done hiking we went on a boat ride and each of the kids got to drive the boat! It was a great day!

Nathan's meeting went great. He qualified for an IEP and will be getting services at Hodson Elementary. He starts this Wednesday. I really just can't believe we are doing this. I am both excited and nervous. But I have a peace. We are thrilled that they will be providing a para for him that will assist him with transitions and during any difficult parts of the school day. He will also have access to a motor room for those days that his sensory issues are a problem. He will be in a regular classroom of course. He tested way above grade level and everyone that worked with him was quite impressed at how smart he is. Next Tuesday we will have another meeting where we write the IEP and meet with his classroom teacher. We are praying that God will put him with just the right teacher. Nathan is so excited!!! Which is an answer to prayer!



















8 comments:

Just Wedeminute said...

It looks like you had a wonderful time. Do you go on hiking trails around the lake?

Karen said...

Oh my, Maddie looks so grown up with make up and all. What a beauty!!!
Glad natterbug is excited about school.

Sheri said...

Maddie looks 16 already! OMG!

I'd love to know more about the trails around Skiatook, we love taking the kids hiking!!! Please???

Dawn said...

Darling, darling pictures!! I love the one of you especially!!

Maddie does look way grown up with make-up. Just beautiful!

Nathan made an awesome batman!!

You all are a busy bunch!! I don't know how you do it!

Steven said...

We would of gave that batman and sleeping beauty an extra handful of candy......


i loved the last picture of you and nathan.

Good luck this week

kim said...

were you really up at 4:30 this morning posting on others blogs? I was up at 5:30 with Ella ready to conquer the day...but then I realized that was too early to start eating...my points would have been gone by noon...

Becki Francy said...

What a fun time! Your children are beautiful.....Glad to hear Nathan is doing well, and I will keep him in my prayers. So good to be able to catch up with your family!

Kate said...

I'm very happy that your prayers have been answered and also that Nathan is excited about this change. He will do great and so will you. But I'll miss you so much!