Friday, November 28, 2008

Black Friday Blessings!

My dear friend Lisa and I have a tradition of hitting the sales on Black Friday. This year we started at the insane hour of 4:45 am. I picked her up and we headed for Best Buy. Usually we start at Kohls but we didn't have any "must haves" there and frankly we didn't want to hang out in that line that wraps around the store for 2 hours. It's just not worth it!! I don't believe in luck, rather in God's blessings. So my first black Friday blessing was getting a close parking spot at Best Buy. Then they had exactly what I was looking for and the line moved quickly. We were out of there by 5:20. Target didn't open until six but we decided it would be worth it to be in line to get what we needed and then get in and out. This led to my biggest blessing of the day. There was a lady walking along the line that went all the way past Belks handing out entry forms to a contest. I filled it out then turned it in after I got my loot and check out. Never gave it another thought! Lisa and I hit several other stores and were plum worn out by noon. So with our trunks full and checking accounts emptied we called it a day.

When I got home I noticed the answering machine blinking. You see where this is going, don't you. Jarrett said while he was in the shower some chick called me. He never listened to the message. So I click and can hardly believe my ears, "Mrs. Short you have won the grand prize at the giveaway at Target this morning. Give me a call and come pick up you $500 dollar Visa gift card."

Are you kidding me? I never win anything! I started screaming, squealing and jumping up and down! Jarrett thought it was a hoax until I called the lady back and she told me to meet her at Baja Jacks where she was eating. So we load up the kids and go pick it up! I am still in shock and just so thankful for this blessing!

So, what are we going to do with it?? Jarrett needs to get his air fixed in his car so it could go for that, or selfishly we want a blue ray player, Nathan said we could make his jaw drop and get him a DS. I even thought maybe we should give it away. Then I remembered our Disney Trip in two weeks and decided to put it toward our Disney Dining Plan which we have to pay for when we arrive. I have been whining to God about how we have had this vacation planned for a year and had saved the money but now it is all bye bye because of the lovely stock market. Oh, why does it surprise me that he cares about the little details of my life and always provides. He is so awesome!!

6 comments:

Dawn said...

Good Lands girl!! What a blessing!!

I was so hoping I would win that contest with Camryn's picture. We could really use the $500! But, we are in third place and the contest is over Tuesday. Oh, well!

I'm so happy for you!!! That is soooooooo exciting!!

I'm glad you and Lisa had such a great time! I did the Black Friday thing last year for the first time. I really don't think I'll ever do it again! LOL

shell said...

So neat and I love how God takes care of the details. I wish I could go with you to Disney. You are going to have a blast!

Becki Francy said...

I used to win things...haven't won anything in a while...I just end up entering and getting a lot of junk mail! You are right, they are blessings....God is good.

Anonymous said...

OMG!!!!! I would have thought that it was a hoax too and wouldn't have called her back! Kathy, you are SO blessed!!!!!!! now when are we going to lunch??? :o) I am kidding... I do want to do lunch with you... I will buy!

Steven said...

that is awesome!!!

Unknown said...

I'm jealous!! That is soo awesome! I can't wait to hear about how Maddie and Nathan react when they find out where they are going! I hope you get it on video and post it! Have so much fun in Disney World! Merry Christmas!!!