Monday, November 17, 2008

Blogworthy

I have been a bit neglectful of my blog lately. It is 3:30 am and I can't sleep so I will give mammacakes a little attention. Nathan has been adjusting to school well. When the teacher told him to write a paragraph he told her he didn't need to write it because he only writes once a year and he has already written this year. I was cracking up!

Last weekend I went out running with a friend and when I got back Madelyn was waiting for me at the back door all dressed up. As I exited the car she exclaims, "Welcome to Casa de la Short!" Then she takes me by the hand to the kitchen where the table was set all fancy with candles and everything. There was big band music playing. Jarrett and cooked a delicious pork loin, twice baked potatoes, rolls, and green beans! It was so yummy!!! Madelyn took me back to my closet to fix me up for the dinner. She picked out a fancy dress and high heals and a bunch of plastic necklaces. Nathan danced with me and insisted on twirling and dipping me. It was so sweet! Thank you Jarrett! And yes, it was blogworthy.

We were at our friends house last Friday playing cards and all the kids fell asleep and this is how we found Madelyn.

7 comments:

Margo said...

good for you running...how long were you gone for them to do all that? You must be an awesome runner!!

Dawn said...

Your new layout is so cute! Very festive.

Your kids are so sweet! And, so is your husband. My husband wouldn't have had a clue how to fix that.

I love Nathan's comment to his teacher. That's priceless!!

We need to get together for lunch again!

Steven said...

welcome back to blogging... it is about time. Do you think madelyn was praying when she feel asleep?

hope you have a great week

Anonymous said...

love the new layout... looks like mine! :o) I love the pic of Maddie.. she is such a little child of our precious Lord!!!!!

Becki Francy said...

So much to comment on.

First - how sweet is that? A FAMILY DATE...I love it...my kids aren't old enough yet, but my husband sure is!

Second- love the comment - i only write once a year....think my boss would buy that line?

Third - LOVE the photo. Our children are so precious, and that picture is a perfect reflection...you need to enter it into a contest...it is as if she is praying!

kim said...

Like the new look.
Why can't you sleep at night?
Doesn't it hurt Maddie's head to sleep in a headband?

Regarding our earlier conversation, I haven't received a call back from her yet..... ugh!

Karen said...

wow - what a cute blog background! So glad to get an update.
Did Nathan decide to branch out & write twice this year...just wondering :)