Sunday, December 14, 2008

8 Things






What a week! We have been busy preparing for our trip, getting ready for Christmas, Nathan's Christmas program, and Nathan's birthday! The whole second grade did a really cute Christmas show at school. Nathan was a cousin and had to say, "Oh, my goodness, what was that!" He did awesome. We were so excited that he participated in the entire show singing and doing the motions. He can be a little unpredictable when it comes to these kinds of things. My parents and Jarrett's parents came over after the play and celebrated Nathan's birthday a night early. Nathan has some really great reactions when he opens gifts. When he opened his gifts from his Aunt Kim and Uncle Micah he starting shrieking, "Oh my goodness, oh my goodness how did she know! I love it, I love it!" It was too cute! My parents got him a Nintendo DS and he just about fell over! He was super excited. I swear he hasn't put that thing down since Thursday night. It will definitely keep him occupied on the airplane. Steven and Liz~~ He loved the Lego set! Can you tell what he is into??














I seriously can't believe he is 8 years old. I am just reminded at how Incredible God is during this time that we celebrate the day He gave the world Nathan. Our little Nater Bug is such a testimony to the Lord's unfailing love and healing power.
Here are 8 things that I love about you Nathan:

1. You are so loving and sweet!
2. You loves Jesus and love telling others about HIM!
3. You are a mamma's boy! I love it that you want me to sing you to sleep every night. I love how you still cuddle with your daddy!
4. You are a fighter! You have never let your challenges get in the way of accomplishing your goals.
5. You love to read books!
6. You are an awesome big brother.
7. You have a kind heart and a sensitive and giving spirit! I will never forget how you were worried about all the hungry and hopeless people of Tulsa and wanted to give your money to them.
8. You are a black and white thinker. Therefore you are honest with your thoughts and just say what you mean.

Happy Birthday sweet boy!

We celebrated Nathan's birthday at Fire station 22 in Tulsa. Grammy and Grampy bid on a party package at a silent auction and won. It was the best birthday party ever! The firemen made dinner for all of us and we got to eat with them. They took the kids on a tour and let them ring bells, push buttons, and participate in a drill. They even let them spray the hoses! To top it off they took the kids on a ride in the firetruck with the lights and sirens blaring! It was a total blast! We think Grampy had more fun than the kids and we are going to plan his next birthday there! LOL! Thank you Grammy and Grampy!















7 comments:

Steven said...

what an awesome birthday party... i am jealous!!!!


HAPPY BIRTHDAY NATHAN!!!!!

Dawn said...

That has got to be the coolest (or hottest LOL) birthday party ever!!!! Wow! I didn't know they even did such a thing.

What a sweet tribute to Nathan!

I hope you all have a very fun trip next week. I'm so jealous!

Anonymous said...

wow.. I can't believe he is 8! Eight sounds just so big!!!! where is that fire station you went to? it looks like they really catered to the kids!!! Happy 8th Birthday Nathan!!!

Becki Francy said...

Kathy-
I think that is every little boy (and probably grown man)'s dream party. Did they get to slide down the pole? IS there even a pole????

ellen said...

What a clever birthday idea!

shell said...

Thinking of you and your family and praying for a great time this week as you make lasting memories!

Christy R said...

Happy 8th Birthday, Nathan!

It looks like he's really loving school and his birthday party was to die for! He'll remember that one forever!

Can't wait to hear about your trip when you get back!