Tuesday, December 30, 2008

MAGIC KINGDOM





Wednesday morning came quickly as the kids were excited to hit the first park. We were at the bus stop by 8am. We must have just missed the MK bus because we had to wait a while. Our goal was to get there early and go to customer relations and apply for a GAC card for Nathan (GUEST ASSISTANCE CARD) then watch the show right before rope drop. Finally our bus came around 8:20 then we made our way around the resort and the bus was busting at the seams. Traci called right after we got on the bus and said they were there. I asked her if she could scope out where I needed to go to get Nathan's card because it wasn't looking good for us getting there before rope drop. A few minutes later she called me while she was talking to the cast member (disney employee)about Nathan's GAC card. Unbelievably he gave her the card without us even being there and to top it off when he asked how many were in our party she said 11 and he gave all of us use of the card. I was told beforehand that the card was only good for 6 people. That would have totally messed up our entire trip. The card makes accomadations for people with disabilities. Nathan has autistic tendincies and adhd and sensory integration dysfunction. Waiting in crowded lines is a nightmare with him. I know all parents think their kids have this same problem but just multiply it by 1000% for our sweet boy. The accomadition the card gave Nathan was alternative entrances so that he wouldn't be pushed in with a ton of people and get overstimulated. We really appreciated this touch of "Disney Magic". It was such a blessing that our whole group could stay together and not wait in a single line. It also helped with character meet and greets and shows.
Thank you TRACI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't know what you said or did for that guy but it worked!

Traci and Kennedy before rope drop.


So we get to MK right before rope drop and are ready to go!



We had a plan and at that point we didn't really realize what a gem the GAC card was. Quickly walking back to fantasy land we headed straight toward the Pooh ride, Peter Pan, Snow white, It's a small world, the carasol, and the mad tea party. We got all those rides done before 10am and the park opened at 9am. By following the touring plan we cruised through all of those rides. Now, I know it is un-American but we did not ride Dumbo. If you choose to ride it you need to do it first because it is the slowest loading ride in the entire park. If we had known what the GAC card would actually do we probablly would have riden it. Next we rode a little roller coaster in Toon Town then caught the train to Frontier Land. When we got to the roller coaster Big Thunder Mt. there was a huge long line. So we asked the CM if we could use the fast pass entrance for Nathan. We showed our card and then walked straight to the front of the line. It probably saved us an hour wait. We could not believe it!!! The rest of the day we used his pass. Our group was able to do the entire park and see everything we wanted in one day. We had allowed two days for MK. Traci and I were laughing because Nathan always seemed to have an "autistic moment" just at the right time. For example, we were walking up to the front of Splash Mt. and he was repeating over and over, " I don't think I want to do this, I don't think I want to do this, I don't think I want to do this!" Luckily we didn't get too many dirty looks.


Here is the group that braved the mad tea party! Jorge and I decided that we would be sick the rest of the day if we went spinning.



Jarrett and Jorge on Winnie the Pooh!




























We ate dinner at Liberty Tree Tavern with the characters. The dining plan was awesome and allowed us to eat at a lot of places we would have never eaten at. We made it to the spectromagic parade and castle lighting. Max fell asleep, it was too cute! The rest of the kids made it but crashed as soon as we got back to the resort. We didn't stay for the fireworks but the kids and Jarrett were exhausted. There is always next time! It was a long day but we got more accomplished in one day than most people do in 2 or 3. Next time we go I will not be so comando and take more time to smell the roses. Now I know what to expect. It was an awesome first day!!! Up Next: Epcot or bust!

5 comments:

Steven said...

this trip looks awesome so far!! cant wait to hear more!!!

ps. i bet that card was amazing!!!

Anonymous said...

aren't you SOOOOOO glad that you had that pass?!? that saved our butts in the Cinderella line! so happy for you that you and your family had such a great time! I want to go back!

Becki Francy said...

What an amazing pass...So glad you knew to get that! Sounds like you all had fun. I can't wait until our kids get old enough to do that!

Dawn said...

The next time we go I'm so getting that pass for Courtney! I wish I would have known about it 3 years ago!!

Looks like you all just had so much fun!!

Unknown said...

I love seeing your pictures!! I am so jealous and I am glad to hear you had a good time. I was with Ella yesterday and I said "So Ella, I heard that Maddie & Nathan went to Disney World?" in which she replied..."Yea, I wasn't invited." That was it so simple yet I'm sensing a little bitterness in her sweet 6 year old mind!

I can't wait to hear more!

P.S. I'm happy you are not waiting 8 days to post about everything....2 days is still a little long for us to wait, but I guess we can wait!!