Thursday, January 1, 2009

Epcot, oh no, not the characters!!!



After a good night sleep and better luck with the bus we got to Epcot bright and early. We were excited to see the big white golf ball!



We headed straight to Soarin' along with everybody else that was there that day. However, we walked straight on and were one of the first groups on. This ride was incredible and I can totally see why it is Disney's #1 ride.





We hit the boat ride and then headed over to Nemo and Friends and Turtle Talk with Crush. They were all great.





We had a fabulous Chinese lunch then after headed toward Test Track. This ended up being the kids favorite ride. All five of the kids were shrieking about how cool and great the ride was after they got off and this GM lady came up and said she loved their enthusiasm and gave us VIP passes to the GM lounge. We went up a secluded entrance then enjoyed the fabulous views of Epcot. There was also a window we could look out onto the ride. Then to top it off we got to get straight onto the ride again without going through the fastpass lane. We felt like Disney Royalty. Yea for Disney Magic.













We made a stop at the Character Spot. All the kids wanted to get the characters autographs. The line was really long but when the cm saw Nathan's pass she let us straight to the characters. This is the one time I really noticed some mean looks from the mommies that had been waiting in line forever. I felt bad. But then they got a show. Nathan changed his mind and started freaking out. (Another autistic moment) I tried to calm him down and told him he did not have to go up to any of the characters just hold my hand. It made me sad that he was so un-nerved by the characters.
When we got to Donald Duck Nathan said he wanted to get his autograph. I was shocked. So he went up to Donald and when Donald turned he whacked Nathan in the head with his bill. Nathan smiled in the picture then ran over to me and started bawling and said in the saddest little voice, "I am done, get me out of here." The poor kid was just traumatized. We made a not so graceful exit, bypassing the rest of the characters and called it a day as far as characters go.











Trying different Coke flavors from around the world.




For Dinner we had reservations a steak place in the World Showcase call Le Cellier. It was by far the best steak I have ever had, I would say it is even as good as Mahogany's. They also had to die for cheese soup and pretzel bread and whiskey chocolate cake. Jarrett thinks next time we go we should make ressies there for every night.


After dinner we were going to go enjoy the Christmas Candle Light Processional but the kids talked us out of going and we hightailed it to Test Track one more time. A ride in the Space Ship Earth ended our night. Nathan and Madelyn loved Epcot way more than I thought. The crowds were very managable and the weather perfert.





We called it an early night and hit the hot tub and headed in for a good night sleep.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I am so jealous you got to do test track! When I was there they were opening it the weekend after we were going to be there!! Sounds like you guys were having a great time! Can't wait to hear more!

kris said...

Test Track is awesome! So glad you guys had a great time at Epcot! We had a blast there on our last visit too.

Anonymous said...

I am totally cracking up at Madelyn's sunglasses! too cute! I will have more clothes soon for that little girl! I need to clean closets!

Karen said...

Great pics - looks like fun. I'll let you know when you can start planning my family's trip to Disney!!!

ellen said...

I think we were there the week after you guys. And it is so funny because our pictures are almost identical! So glad you had fun...