Monday, June 9, 2008





I love vacation! We are all feeling so relaxed and rested and definitely well fed. I have really enjoyed watching my kids swim, collecting shells, play in the sand and just hanging out. I know I am with them all the time but they are just different on vacation. I love this type of vacation because there is no schedule, no time tables, no rushing. We can just do whatever we feel like and spend fun time together. Jarrett is actually reading a book and I am on my second. Our house has a deck off the kitchen that is nice and shaded and has a couple of those Adirondack chairs. That is where I love to read.

Today we had fun building a giant moat in the sand. Madelyn and Nathan boogie boarded again. (For those of you who asked, I did boogie board yesterday but there is no pic of it. The only pics that Jarrett has taken of me are from behind (not nice!), or of Nathan wiping his snot on my boob, or of me eating.) Madelyn was funny at the beach this morning. I started taking pictures of her playing and then she just started posing. It looked like she was at a photo shoot.

Tonight we hung out at Rosemary Beach, ate ice cream at the Sugar Shack, and then let Nathan and Madelyn run through this water park thing. (It is a mini version of the water, lights, and music show that the Beligio has in Vegas.) At 8:00 every night the music starts. It was beautiful. I haven't added a Nathanism in a long time but tonight he said something that was funny. We were outside of the Sugar Shack eating and this kid and his mom walk up and the kid is telling his mom that he wants an ice cream cone, an ice cream sandwich and some candy. Nathan looks up from his ice cream and in the most matter of fact way says, " Hey kid, you shouldn't be so GREEDY." I was mortified. Where is the filter?? Ok, well not much more to report.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

GREAT pics!!! Beautiful children! I am glad that you are having fun! are you guys doing this all with your friends or just by yourselves??

Karen said...

I think you have America's next top model on vacation with you!

Anonymous said...

I am enjoying your vacation updates. I leave this morning for Georgia/Florida with Deborah's family.

Steven said...

sassy....


i want the fly on the wall to make a post about this trip!!!

Randa's notes on doing life with Christ and family... said...

That picture of her in the splits is priceless!!! I'm thinking that one will be pulled out for a wedding slideshow. Looks like y'all are having a blast.

Mom said...

Wow!!!Wish we were on the beach with you all. Dad and I leave tomorrow to Virginia to Donnie Wells wedding. I think I will sleep in the car ::::it has been a busy week moving rooms at Asbury. Love, Mom

Dawn said...

What is it with husbands and cameras! I swear the only ones Brett takes of me are from my backside as well! Ack!

Beautiful pictures! Glad you all are having such a great time. Reading sitting on the beach sounds divine!