Thursday, June 19, 2008

We are home! (Beware complaining below)

I have been in a bad mood since I returned from vacation. I don't really know why, maybe post vacation blues... I have never had that before though. Maybe it has something to do with the fact we had a 17 hour drive home that we did in one day. We were going to sleep in the next day but our kids woke us up at 6:30 am. So much for sleeping. I think we had gotten to bed sometime after 1:00 am. Then it was yard mowing, grocery shopping, unpacking, laundry, and going through the mail time. We spent several hours that day at urgent care because Nathan's ear was draining puss and blood and he felt terrible. The next morning VBS started so I had to get there early to set up my room and get the crafts ready. The dog ate Nathan's peanut butter tortilla and barfed on my new carpet, Madelyn left gum in her pocket and it got all over my dryer, milk has been spilled, two sets of sheets have been peed on, so that is why I wish I was back in Florida. I am whiny and complainy and I know I need to put things in perspective. Maybe it is just PMS!

8 comments:

Dawn said...

It sounds like a rewrite of Alexander's Terrible Horrible No Good Very Bad Day! Maybe you should move to Austrailia! LOL

It stinks that things haven't gone more smoothly. Good thing you got to do some resting in Florida!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like we need a girls night out.... I'll even drive:)

Hang in there!!!

Sheri

Randa's notes on doing life with Christ and family... said...

Yuck! It sounds like you have a right to complain...hang in there. It hasn't been the same working VBS without you!

kim said...

I can't condone such ranting....:)

Karen said...

do you feel better now that you have vented??? Hang in there! :)

Anonymous said...

Well, if you would start to wear your depends more maybe the sheets would not have to be washed so much. The rest of us are just really glad you are able to make a good self assessment of yourself. Maybe a nice night out with your husband for your anniversary will change your mood, or there is always the possiblity it could make things worse.

Steven said...

happy day before your anniversery....

and happy 1st day of summer!!!

Mc Allen said...

aww Kath, Im so sorry, I just added to your insanity too.... I really hope you are feeling much better now and next week you kell and I will have some special girlie time! ;0) LYLAS, LA