Sunday, January 11, 2009

Ode to the Rooster


Well our family must say a sad goodbye to our Rooster. He has been watching over our kitchen for 7 years. Certain people who shall remain un-named never liked Mr. Rooster. I really don't know why they would have a problem with him. He is a lovely green, he never talks back, he loved my cooking, he never ever had a bad hair day. He is low maintance and truly an assest to our family. But He thought it was ugly and could never understand why we would need a rooster in our kitchen. That certain person painted our kitchen and trim this weekend so out of gratitude I will bid a fond farewell to Mr. Rooster. I hope that the next owners of Mr. Rooster will treat him with the love and respect that he deserves. If you know anyone who would like to adopt him let me know. We are an equal opportunity rooster adoption agency.

8 comments:

kim said...

Just wondering if I could throw in a stuffed duck that resides above our refrigerator with the rooster???

Sheri said...

Hey, I liked that rooster!

Mamma Cakes said...

would you like to apply to adopt it?

Dad said...

Before placing the rooster be sure to conduct a home study to insure that the adoptive family is properly qualified to care for him.

Steven said...

cock a doddle doooo

Sheri said...

If the rooster needs a home still, he's welcome here....

Dear Dad,
Our homestudy was so good we got 2 for the price of 1;)

Becki Francy said...

That is too funny....I have rooster drapes....nice! As we say in our family "cocococoooooo" (for some reason we can't say cockadoodledoo!!!

Anonymous said...

That's funny! I did a google search for "ode to rooster" and your blog popped up first! I liked him. Have you intro'd any other birds?