Sunday, August 17, 2008

My Little Scientist




For Nathan's second grade science we are using a new curriculum called "Real Science-4-Kids Chemistry". (There is also Biology, etc.) For my homeschooling buddies, the author is Dr. R.W. Keller. We have loved it! Don't let the Chemistry thing scare you, it did me at first. Nathan loves science and within the first 3 days did 2 chapters and 2 experiments. It was designed to do 1 per week for 10 weeks. So we will have to order the Biology pretty soon. The experiments have been cool so far and are really teaching the "scientific method." He has learned about atoms and molecules so far. Here are some pictures of his molecule models. He learned that when atoms form molecules they have to follow "rules." The other picture is of my kids wearing overalls they made out of walmart sacks. Cute! Madelyn doesn't want to go back to school tomorrow. She had trouble leaving me on Friday and threw an all out screaming and crying fit at school. They had to peel her off of me. I wanted to just cuddle her and take her home, but I didn't and I never let her know that. Pray that tomorrow morning goes better. Going to school all day compared to 3 days for 2.5 hours is a huge adjustment.

3 comments:

Margo said...

Wow! That science looks fun! I will pray for you and Madelyn. Hang in there!

Steven said...

looks like a good time!!

Just Wedeminute said...

I love your science it sounds so fun! We have a new science book this year too and it has been a lot of fun but I am going to check out yours for next semester.