Friday, August 29, 2008

Sweetness









Today was Nathan's first day of homeschool coop. He loved his classes and he did great!! Most of all he was excited to be with his friends. There are ten 2nd and
3rd grade boys and no girls in his history class. It is going to be a fun class!! They are all so into history, especially the gory stuff. After coop Nathan and I went to Walmart to pick up a few things for the weekend and he had the idea that we should plan a special surprise family fun night for Daddy and Madelyn. So I told him it was all his to plan.

He picked out everyones favorite candy and said he wanted to go rent movies. When we got home he made some "Snacks for $1" signs. I guess he thought he should make some money on the deal. When Madelyn got home I heard him tell her to put on a pretty dress. A few minutes later they came out into the family room, him in plaid shorts and a dress shirt with his tie clipped onto the front pocket and her in her favorite "Bailey" red dress with hot pink tights. They did a formal dance for me. I was cracking up so hard. I just love how they love each other, it is just pure sweetness. He set up the family room with pillows, blankets, and got all the candy organized. Then we went and picked up a pizza. We got home at the same time as Jarrett and surprised him with "Family Fun Night." Nathan got a few strange looks at his choice of outfits but I didn't dare make him change. It was just too sweet. We had a great time watching movies and stuffing ourselves with candy and pizza.


Nathanism

Last night as I was singing Nathan his goodnight song, he told me in the sweetest way that I might need to work on my tempo and how loud and soft I sing. But other than that I had the best voice ever. (Bless his heart, he doesn't realize I can't sing at all) He was so serious as he critiqued each part of the song. I could hardly keep a straight face.

10 comments:

Michelle said...

Do you need some voice lessons from Miss Michelle?!?! LOL It sounds like you guys have a great night!!!! And I LOVE my bracelet!!!!!!

Dawn said...

awww... how sweet is he?!? The pictures are darling.

I hope he made a little money off of FFF! You know if he did he will be planning one every week! LOL

I love how he critiqued your singing. LOL!!

Anonymous said...

Your right... pure sweetness!!! Can't wait to see that sweet boy.

Sheri said...

If he thinks you are off tempo he should hear me..... note to self: never sing around NayNay again!

I hope Maddie is enjoying school. Alea says she sees her everyday. I told her to just remember hall rules and don't get Maddie in trouble hugging her;)

We need a GNO! Let me know when! Blake just got back from a week in PA..... I'm dying to get out with friends!

Oh and I love, Love, LOVE Hot Tamales!

Anonymous said...

LOVE the pink tights with the red dress!!!! I also love that she can wear that dress... Baileyanne wore it what, 2 times?!? have a great weekend!!!

shell said...

Precious...love it! Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
zum the mum said...

I want to be part of the Short family! Family Fun Night, getting dressed up and dancing, being sung to sleep....that is love!

Seriously, y'all are precious. Your children are so blessed to have such great parents, and you are so blessed to have such sweet children.

Love this post!!!!

6 Happy Hearts said...

Thanks for the comment on Clyde. The visual of the two yellow labs got me all teary : ) Speaking of teary, how cute is that story?!?

Just Wedeminute said...

That's the cutest thing! Wish my kids would get along that well...they have been fighting all week!
Kylan was so happy to see Nathan at coop...we have to get them together for a play date soon!