Monday, August 11, 2008

My Walgreens Deals

I have started couponing and trying to get good "deals" lately as my grocery/household budget has been blown through the roof. I have always couponed to some degree and price matched but thanks to some cool websites I am learning really how to maximize our budget, especially on household products. Last week I got $40 worth of products at Walgreens for $14 dollars plus a $13 rebate gift card is coming my way. It is fun saving that kind of money. The biggest thing I have learned is cut all the coupons out of the Sunday paper. even if it something I don't need right away, because usually that item will go on sale sometime during the month. I have been putting a manufac. coupon with a store coupon and a lot of times will get that item free or close to it. (Especially at Walgreens and Target) Here are some of my deals this week, not great, but helpful non the less!

Walgreens:
Aquafresh kids toothpaste: Buy one for $2.19 get one free + .75 cent coupon = 1.44 (2)

Kleenex: 89 cents Wal. coupon, save 50cents on 3, $2.17 (for 3 boxes, which is .72
per box)

Scott t-paper: 1.99 Wal. coupon + $1.00 off =.99

Bic pens: 2 for $1 + $1.00 off = FREE

My total Trip $4.66 (Not too bad for 2 tubes of t-paste, 3 boxes of Kleenex, 4 rolls of t-paper and 2 packs of pens!)

4 comments:

Dawn said...

Girl, that's awesome! Next time you need to take a picture of all the loot to show us.

There is a website I visit from time to time ran by two counsins. They constantly are sharing their savings at CVS pharmacy. Here is the website: http://momminitup.com/

Anonymous said...

you go girl! as Baileyanne would say, "I'm so proud of you Mommy Short"

Anonymous said...

impressive...... now if we could only find some really great coupons for Disney!!!! :)

6 Happy Hearts said...

Hey there! Thanks for stoppin' by my lil' blog & leavin' a comment! I told one of my Jenks girlfriends that I met a cute girl from our "hood". She thinks she remembers your sister?!?
We start school next week & yes that IS one of the joys of
homeschoolin' ; )
By the way, you can shop for me anytime! I clip coupons then forget I have them & they expire, ugh?!?