Sunday, August 17, 2008

Walgreen Deals



My coupons and I hit Walgreens this afternoon. I got some decent deals. T-paper is expensive but it is just one of those things we all need, that is what drove up the cost this week. I paid $14 for 2 big packs, used 50cent coupons of each, then earned a $3 coupon that I used to pay for the cereal.
Here is a picture per Dawn's request. Ok, I spent $20 but my bill would have been over $40 without the walgreens coupons and manufactures coupons. One of my favorite deals this week was the cheerios. It seems cereal prices have gone through the roof so when I can get a deal I get pretty excited. (sad, uhh) The boxes were on sale for 1.99, then I used a $1.00 off 1 coupon for each. 99cents for a good size box!! YIPEE!!!! I forgot to include my 39cent m&ms in the first picture. My goal for this year is to really stretch our grocery/household budget. It is actually kinda of fun. So if you are a frugal shopper, deal finder, etc. I would love your ideas or websites that help you out. Just think the more $$ we save the more vacays we can plan, the more we can bless others, the more we can save, tithe, etc!!

11 comments:

Dawn said...

Girl, the pictures just do it! We can visualize now exactly what you got for so little money. You rock!

I guess I need to get the paper so I can clip me some coupons and give this a try. I'm just so particular about brands that I don't know how much I will actually save! LOL

Did you ever check out that website I sent you? Those girls are pro's at this! LOL

Anonymous said...

You rock sister!!!!

kim said...

it all sounds so good, but there is just one problem...and it's a big one. Who really likes to wipe with Scott toilet paper???? OUCH! Seriously, get me a deal on some cottonelle!!

Mamma Cakes said...

Kim, you are right. I love cottenelle so much better and it was on sale as well, but it was all out. Nathan and Madelyn don't care yet so we will let them use it, we have the soft stuff in our b-room. Plus they go through a ton. Is that mean??

Steven said...

ok after we talked yesterday we bought a paper.

Target has a $2 off coupon lean cuisines when you buy five. They are also running a special for 5 lean cuisines for $9. so that now makes 5 for $7 or $1.40 each.

They also have 5 12 packs of pop for $15 but you get a $5 target card when you buy five.

and my paper had a coupon for a free loaf of bread (no other purch required.)

a few decent deals

Sheri said...

I'm a Walgreens couponer too! Just be careful with expiration dates there;)

I got the .39 tape for Christmas gifts and the .39 tissue paper for packages.... limit 6. I'll go back for more tape for certain!

Also, buy the "all you" magazine at WalMart they have good coupons too most months. Fall is a great time to coupon shop!

Oh Target has good TP for an OK price.

Dawn said...

Hey girl.. I bought the paper today so I could get the Walgreen's ad. I'm ready to go.

Do you think maybe next week when you go you could call me and I could meet you and tag along?!? I'm not sure I'll figure out all the savings on my own! LOL

kris said...

Ok this doesn't fall in the Walgreen's/food deals, but I was proud of it....Megan can fit in some of the women's XS now, so for back to school shopping we hit NY/NY. She thought she was so grown up, and we got 5 tops & 2 tanks for her for $30 total. That is better than I can do at Target and she thinks she is wearing designer clothes!!

kris said...

P.S. I am with Kim, toilet paper is one item we do not compromise on. It is only Charmin Ultra in our house. But I might like the idea of putting cheap stuff in the kid's bathrooms........hmmmm

Just Wedeminute said...

I am going to have to start doing this too! One of my friends told us about Aldi and it's a money saver also but you can't use coupons.

6 Happy Hearts said...

Just so you know, you're getting famous around our lil' blog world!!!
I've had 3 girlfriends ask if I got my McD's coupon yet. I had no clue?!
My hubby would like you to be our family shopper or atleast train
me ; )
Your family is blessed to have you!!