Monday, August 25, 2008

Reasors Field Trip









Today was our first homeschool field trip of the school year. The kids got to go on a behind the scenes tour of Reasors Grocery store. When we arrived there were name badges with each child's name printed on them. Nathan was so excited to wear his. We got to watch how they cut and package the meat, see where they store all of the extra inventory, explore the milk and ice cream freezers, etc. They let the kids pretend that they were cashiers and scan food then the day ended with a cookie and juice from the bakery. It was a great field trip, very informative, FREE and most of all fun!!

7 comments:

Dawn said...

Grocery stores do make for great field trips. Nathan looks like he was having a blast! :)

kim said...

Nathan looks absolutely precious with no teeth!!! Micah can fit him with a denture if you'd like! hehe!

Karen said...

sounds fun except for the part where they cut & packaged meat......I have no desire to see that :)
Ditto what Kim said about the missing teeth - way cute!

Steven said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Steven said...

how do they do the meat thing? i have always wanted to see that.....


i might have to wait to i have kids to do that...

Dawn said...

Hey girl... check out my tackle it tuesday...I give you all the credit! :)

Dawn said...

Hey... I don't have your email address. Email me and then I can tell you where I'm taking my photography class. :) I wish I would have known you wanted to do it. I would have loved to have had someone to go with me. Maybe if you take digital 1 then you can take digital 2 when Michelle and I take it.

Dawnoftheday(at)cox(dot)net