Sunday, July 13, 2008

Baptisim




Madelyn got baptized tonight. She has been excited all week looking forward to her big day. Right before we left she asked if she could wear my diamond cross necklace since she was a Christian now. Absolutely sweet girl! The last couple of weeks since she asked Jesus into her heart she has been telling everyone about it; random people at the grocery store, Nathan's occupational and speech therapist, everyone at church, etc. I wish I had her boldness. She wanted to get baptized as soon as possible, Nathan on the other hand told us that, "some kids just need more time, and he is one of those kids." We only want him to do it when he is convicted to do it, so his logic works for us.

All her grandparents were there as well as Aunt Kim, Uncle Micah, Ella and Ty supporting her. I am so thankful for the legacy Jarrett's parents and my parents have given us. I appreciate that they took us to church every Sunday and told us about as well as showed us the love of Christ. I am thankful that my kids get to live close to their grandparents so they can learn from them as well.

6 comments:

Steven said...

oh Kathy i am so happy for madelyn!!!

did you get your neckless back?

sorry i couldnt make it up for the big day

Dawn said...

This was so sweet.

I'm very happy for Madelyn. :)

shell said...

Kathy..what a moment and what a BLESSING! God is GOOD!
So happy and proud of Madelyn.

Anonymous said...

SO precious... LOVE IT!!!!

Anonymous said...

Kathy - how awesome!

Madelyn did tell me today that she was baptized last night... she also let me know that her hair smelled terrible afterwards!

She had many happy comments about her special day! You should be very proud of her.

Mom said...

That was a very special evening for Dad and me. Maddie was so sweet and I am so proud of her. She was glowing!!! Love, Mom