Sunday, July 6, 2008

Summer





I can't believe how fast summer is flying by. The kids are in swimming lessons right now and Nathan starts Piano lessons this week. He is really looking forward to learning how to play. I am not sure what to expect but I know it will be interesting. We have been swimming and enjoying playdates. I have been busy planning our surprise trip to Disney World for Christmas. I got the airline tickets purchased, our park schedule planned and restaurant advance dining ressies. We are NOT telling the kids so don't spoil the surprise. We are flying out of OKC because it was cheaper. We are going to tell the kids we are going to visit their Aunt Kris in Edmond. We will spend the night with her then get up early to catch a 5:50 am flight to Orlando. I haven't figured out exactly how we are going to tell them but I want to come up with something creative. So if you have any ideas of how we can tell them let me know. I think we will break it to them right when we get to the airport. I haven't been to Disney World since middle school so I am excited to say the least. We were even fortunate to get the coveted reservations for Cinderella's castle breakfast at her royal table. This will be a big surprise for Madelyn. She seriously cries when she sees "THE CASTLE" at the beginning of a Disney movie. I teared up when we got the reservation. That sounds so stupid but hey it was a childhood dream of mine as well. I know many of you have been there so I would love any and all Disney advice! I really need a job now to help out with all of these vacations this year. If anyone needs me to plan there vacay I would LOVE to help.

We went to the Lake to visit Jarrett's parents for the fourth of July. The kids had a great time shooting of their own fire works this year. There were only a few burns from the sparklers. Traci- Nathan just couldn't understand why we weren't going to Max's Nannies house this year. He is holding out for July of 2009.


Today at church Madelyn went to the front of the congregation to share that she wanted to get baptized. She did such a great job and we were so proud of her. She will be getting baptized next Sunday evening. We would love for you all to come. Email me and I will give you the details. We went up front as a family and the encourager guy asked Nathan if he had asked Jesus into his heart and Nathan replied," Yes, many summers ago (Actually it was last summer) but I am not ready to be baptized. Some kids just need longer and I am one of those kids." Jarrett and I were cracking up!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Kathy and Jarrett,
I just have to leave a comment to tell you guys how very proud of you I am. You have grown into the neatest, grounded, Christian couple and parents. Your path has not been an easy one but you "do" life with the LORD so very well and that is what it's all about! Your precious lives do not go without notice. Much love and prayers, Randa

Anonymous said...

go to the Disney store BEFORE your trip and get ALL of your souveniors... it will save you SO much money!!!! maybe take one out on the way to the airport and tell them where they are going????

call me soon so we can play!

Steven said...

sounds like you need to start a travel website....


glad you had a great fourth and it was nice chatting with you today

Karen said...

Breakfast at Cinderella's Castle was one of the many highlights from our trip to Disney. As a kid, I too, always wanted to eat with Cinderella.
I would wrap up some mickey mouse ears or t-shirt & have them unwrap it on the plane. Soo sneaky!!!
Love the pic's. We are looking forward to seeing you all in a few weeks.

Anonymous said...

Sure do love that bow in Maddie's hair!! :)

Christy R said...

Such neat summer pics! I especially love the one of Madelyn and Nathan fishing - too cute!

We are also going to Disney soon - the girls can't wait! We're doing the Princess Dinner at the Grand Floridian. Counting down the days!

Just Wedeminute said...

You are going to have so much fun at WDW!!! It's our favorite place to take the kids and we go every year so if you have any questions I would be happy to help!

Anonymous said...

Hey! This is Heather (Kim's babysitter) I found your blog from Kim's. I think this is such a GREAT Idea about suprising the kids ( i would be so excited I wouldn't be able to keep a secret like that!!) I'm trying to think of a few creative ways to tell them here are some I came up with...

You can make a puzzle of the Castle for Maddie and a puzzle of Nathan's favorite character and have them put them together in the airport.

You could make shirts that say "I'm going to Disney World!" and have them open them the night before you leave and they can wear them on the plane.

If I think of anymore i'll let you know!

P.S. I'm super jealous!! I wish I could go!!