Tuesday, July 29, 2008




Ok, don't worry you can keep reading, no preachin' today. The big news from our house is that Nathan lost his first top tooth. He looks so stinkin cute!

This weekend Madelyn got her first mani/pedi at a "real" nail salon for her friend Olivia's birthday. She told her daddy that she get could used to "this". Oh, boy we are in trouble. However, she was devastated when the paint on her fingers started pealing off as soon as we swam.

We were going to start "School" this week because it is so crazy hot here. But we all woke up Monday and decided that it was just to crazy hot to start school. So we went swimming with some friends instead. That is the one of my favorite things about homeschooling, we can do what we want. I always like to start early so we can take time off throughout the year. So, our new plan is to maybe start next Monday unless we get a better offer. Oh, yeah Madelyn is starting Kindergarten at public school. I am not dealing with this well but I am being "submissive" to my sweet husband who thinks that this is what is best for her. I may need therapy after Aug. 14th. when she starts. HA HA! She is super excited, today we drove by her school and she started jumping up and down and said, "Mommy, please let me go, please!!"

Ok, so I thought I was doing a good job of acting excited about her going to school but I guess I can't fool her. I just wish it was still 1/2 day instead of all day. She has never been to school for 7 hours a day. That seems like such a long time for a 5 year old to be at school. I have slowly been buying her school supplies and I got her a really cute backpack with her name on it from Pottery Barn. So I am not totally in denial.

4 comments:

Sheri said...

Kathy- school starts the 13th sweetheart, sorry! She'll love it though! And Alea will be there so they can wave at each other in the hall:)

Dawn said...

She will have so much fun in kindergarten. I think you are making a wise decision! Now I will be praying for peace of mind for you. ;)

I took Courtney and a couple of her friends to the beauty college for a day of beauty one time. They all almost fell asleep having their mani/pedi's!! LOL I have pictures of them with their hands down droopy-eyed!

Let's just say the ones who did their hair must have just started the college. LOL

Yeah for N losing his first tooth! He does look stinkin cute!

Michelle said...

YEA! Don't worry about it, I can get it when you get home! Have a good time!!

Anonymous said...

was that Stephanie's daughter's b-day? I saw the same post on Zoe's mom's... are they friends? small world! Maddie looks so grown up!! how fun to have a party like that!