Saturday, July 12, 2008

Saturday



Today was one of those rare but great days that we had no plans. Yesterday I got the house cleaned, laundry caught up and even the yard mowed. So today we slept in and rolled out of bed around 10. It was so NICE! We decided we needed to do something fun with the kids and get them out of the house so we headed for the lake. We called some new friends of ours that have kids the same ages as ours and they weren't doing anything either so off we went. We ate lunch at the new marina restaurant. Our kids had so much fun tubing. Madelyn was a little scared at first and only wanted to go slow but her friend was screaming "faster, faster!" So Jarrett cranked it up and she laughed the whole way. Nathan and his buddy were bouncing so high but amazingly never flipped out. Jarrett did flip Brent and Jennifer luckily the only sustained minor injuries and should be healed within a couple of weeks. In Jarrett's defense they did tell him to go fast! I wish I had brought my camera to catch the two of them flying across the water. We had a great day!

3 comments:

Steven said...

glad you had fun at the lake.... i am jealous....

Dawn said...

Awww.. that sounds like so much fun!!

Anonymous said...

Hi, My name is Traci and I just love reading your blog. I think we have met before, but my brain is kinda foggy right now. I don't know if you know or not, but I just had a baby, well he is three weeks old. It's kind of a big deal around here.

Okay, well... my kids say to tell your kids hi!