Friday, July 18, 2008

Fix it Up Friday!

Ok, so some of my blogging buddies have been doing "Tackle it Tuesday" where they tackle a household project and show before and after pics. Tuesdays tend to be busy so I did a "Fix it up Friday". We stayed in our pj's until 4:00 today and seriously did not go outside until after dinner. The only reason we got dressed was that daddy would be coming home soon. It was kind of nice after a busy week. I paid bills, then we fixed up our school room, AKA the dining room, AKA the play room. The kids and I went through every nook and cranny. We even tested every marker and threw away the ones that didn't color pretty anymore. This room was in need of some serious attention. Nathan and Madelyn helped rearrange the room. It is always fun to make it different before we start back to school. The kids are ready to start back again but I am not so sure if I am yet. Ok , here are some before pics.







Ok, here are the after pics which might I add don't do justice for all the bins and drawers that we cleaned and organized.





<

10 comments:

Randa's notes on doing life with Christ and family... said...

I'm so impressed! I can tell y'all worked very hard.

Tell Jarrett he's lucky. If we've stayed in our jammies all day, we're usually still in them when Rus gets home! Sad. :(

What did you decide to do about Maddie? Are you homeschooling or sending her?

Dawn said...

oh, girl!! You kicked butt!! That looks awesome!!! What a great room!

Sheri said...

Looks awesome Kathy.... if you feel like more cleaning, come on over and you'll get the "shock and awe" of my house.... only 15 more years to go and then it might be clean!?!?!

Anonymous said...

It looks awesome! I love those days when we all pitch in and get things done.

Ellen

Anonymous said...

it looks great!!!! now you can come and do our "playroom" aka "office" aka "computer room" aka "dog's room"

you guys busy next week? you want to go to the pool???? 55th and Lynn Lane is awesome!!!! the kids LOVED it!!!!

Steven said...

wow pretty impressive...


you should go work on HGTV clean house. ..

Mc Allen said...

wow your good! well did you make sweet vaccume lines in the living room? Your house is always very neat Kath! The day K & D left I came in & my oldest (K)had the whole kitchen torn apart & she was deep cleaning, then she hit her room( she was sad & trying to keep busy I think) Whatever the reason I did the happy dance! So now boo & I just need to come ovet & help ya put up your new school stuff! ;0)

Margo said...

Wow! You go girl! I found you via Leah's blog. It fun hanging out with you Thursday!!

Anonymous said...

Holy Clean Schoolroom!!!!!! Your my idol.

I always tell my kids to "clean like Mrs. Kathy". :)

Miss ya!!

Karen said...

You go girl! It looks great - feel free to come organize my house :)