Monday, July 7, 2008

Green hair

My sweet Nathan's beautiful white blond hair turned an interesting algae green color today after swimming in my parent's pool. They had added some extra chemicals last week because of an algae problem due to all the rain in June. He was pretty excited about it until I rinsed his hair with lemon juice.

Ok, one more Nathan story. We were cuddled up on the couch tonight watching the Bachelorette (can you believe she choose Jesse over Jason?) and I asked Jarrett to take Nathan to bed. Nathan looks up at me and says, "Mom why don't we just go put him to bed so we can cuddle more." Also, if you ask Nathan who is girlfriend is he says it is Mom. How long do you think that is going to last? I am enjoying it while it does.

5 comments:

Mc Allen said...

Awwww he love his mama,I think its precious!!!!! FYI- the best thing to get the green out of his hair is ketchup (left on for 10 minutes, if still green reapply) or tomato juice (done the same way)... poor baby! & we are going to D.W before ya'll & I've just got half of my planning done, you've already got it all worked out- I am a terrible mama! Your so good @ this!

Karen said...

I was shocked that she picked Jesse as well but they looked really happy together!
Kris used to get green hair all of the time - I remember mom washing her hair with all sorts of random stuff to get the gree out. I'll have to send Nathan a pic of Matthew with the green hair he had at halloween - it was greatness.

Dawn said...

You know, I overheard a lady at a pool one day saying she puts in the spray conditioner on her child's hair before she swims to keep it from turning green. I'm guessing it works?!?

I've been meaning to blog about the Bachelorette. I was SHOCKED she picked Jesse. I mean I'm truly happy for her that she found the man of her dreams, BUT why didn't she send Jason home before Jeremy so he could be back with his son! I thought that was so selfish of her! Argh! I just knew she was going to pick Jason because she was keeping him from his son!! Hmph!

My husband thinks Jeremy came back at the end for another reason - he wants to be the next Bachlor. What do you think?

Oh, and it is truly sweet that Nathan calls you his girlfriend. What an honor!

Dawn said...

Oops! I misspelled Bachelor! Ugh! It bugs me when I misspell words!!

Karen said...

i had to come back & tell you that I love the new feature you added to your blog.... i added it to mine. Now I know people actually visit me :)